Sunday, November 18, 2007

Les escaliers: a photo essay











As promised, staircases! I took these photos recently while walking in a neighborhood near mine. The last photo was taken on the street where I live. The bright turquoise staircase on the left is just across from my apartment and is one of the staircases you can just barely see in one of my Urban Arbres photos. You can also notice the bright green recycling bins on many of the balconies. As these photos show, some staircases are straight; some are curly... and when they're lined up all in a row, it's a graphic feast for the eyes. Bon appétit.

2 comments:

  1. This is what I remember from my brief trip to Montreal: the staircases.

    I believe I called them porches at your wedding and both you and Pierre looked at me like I was crazy.

    Anyway, I'd love to visit sometime this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the staircase photo series. Once when I was in Holland and also in Italy, I took photos of laundry hanging out on clotheslines. It was fun to the all the variety!! It's also a great way to learn about your life in another part of the world. Love to see you there...

    ReplyDelete